Real religion, the kind that passes muster before God the Father...
— James 1:27 (The Message)

Sunday, January 10, 2010

3 New Ideas

Location: San Marcos, TX, USA
This week, I've had three new ideas regarding Perry's Place:
  1. Transportation: Sometimes people just need a ride to ____. And heck, I'm a bus driver. This one's as easy as opening my car door and saying, "Where to?"
  2. Prayer Board: Some sort of map with photos of people we've met that we can pray over as we walk past. I was thinking of something for our church but why not our home? Or this website? Originally, I thought of one of those old Sunday school felt boards, but I can use HTML for much less!
  3. Under-A-Bridge Chili Cook-Off: Made chili for the family last night and was thinking what a great meal it is for a cold night. Why not have an annual event where several cooks bring their recipes to share with the city's less fortunate? We could even have a panel of judges made up of homeless men and women. I think it would be fun as well as a way to give back to the community.

No comments: